Gerald Britt - Candidate for Dallas City Council for District 3
Gerald Britt runs for Dallas City Council District 3 seat.
Thursday, February 12, 2015 —
Media Contact: Denita Quinn, email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DALLAS, TX -- “Dallas is at a critical juncture with almost 15% of our tax base to the north of the city while 85% of a larger but much poorer portion of the city is lying economically fallow to the south,” said Gerald Britt as he announced his candidacy for the Dallas City Council for District 3 today at a Press Conference held at the Dallas Public Library (Hampton-Illinois), 2951 South Hampton, Dallas, TX 75224.
Britt told his supporters that Dallas is a rich city but 50% of all households of color are asset poor. “The Southern Sector desperately needs housing, education, jobs, economic development and cooperation across race, class and political ideologies and I am asking voters of District 3 to give me the opportunity to work on these issues,” he said.
A high profile community advocate, Britt is currently Vice President of Public Policy and Workforce Development for City Square and develops public policy through public awareness initiatives, community organizing and legislative advocacy. He also addresses issues of poverty through social service programming and advocacy. Britt has the track record to tackle tough issues and the leadership to solve challenges. The following initiatives for campaign platform focuses on these issues:
- Fostering an environment that promotes the growth of small and large businesses in Southern Dallas
- Providing opportunities for living wage job training for adults and job opportunities for youth
- Mixed income housing throughout District 3
- Strategies which help make Dallas a full partner in the education of our children
- Provide residents of District 3 with a real voice in the expansion of Dallas Executive Airport
For all media inquiries, contact Denita Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org , 972 850-8527 or Sherelyn Roberts at email@example.com.